Friday, May 7, 2010

May 7, 2010 - Day 2

Fail #2

I ended going to bed at 1:00AM last night and woke up at 5:50AM. I wasn't surprised at all because I woke up around 6:15AM last year when I studied aboard in Taipei. Theresa and I decided to start our day at 8:30AM.

Fail #3

We were so excited to eat jiaozi (dumplings) and suanlatang (hot & sour soup) at our favorite restaurant, but they weren't open yet! Theresa and I went to a lot of the convenient stores to kill time because we found out jiaozi restaurant doesn't open until 11:00AM. We also went to NTNU to try to find out more information about what we were going to do at our internship. We received a little tour with places we had to be familiar with and met some of the staff.

7-Eleven

7-Eleven stores here are amazing. Why? They have a lot of food and that's all you have to know because eating is number one on my list =) Food range from snacks, instant noodles, bao-zi (steamed buns), eggs, and a lot of dishes that they can warm up for you before you leave! They also have a lot of random things like makeup, pads, toys, and more.



They even have sushi!


Some interesting snacks there...


Hi-Life

Hi-Life is similar to 7-Eleven, a small store with random goodies and items.



Mixing the steak flavor and hot dog taste pretty good! The hot dog flavor actually taste like a hot dog, but it's not really good alone.


Food Mart

Also another similar store to 7-Eleven and Hi-Life.



Toys!


Taipei Main Station: Underground Mall

So far with my experience in Taipei, the underground mall has a lot of cheap stuff. There are shoes, purses, and umbrellas for 200NT ($6). We went there to get cheap umbrellas and anything random.





Dinner

Side dish: Eggplant (Ultimate!) (30NT = $0.95)


Side dish: Cucumbers with carrots and garlic (Sooo good!) (30NT = $0.95)


Side dish: Asian vegetables (Yumm!) (30NT = $0.95)


Beef noodles braised in broth =) It looks small but the noodles fill you up fast! (100NT = $3.17)


Fail #4

After getting obese, Theresa and I headed back to our hostel to relax. I was getting extreme food coma and decided to power nap. We set an alarm for 8:15PM to head back to the night market to get some fruits and visit our friend at work. But we ended up waking up at 11:50PM -_- I must have turned off my phone alarm in my sleep.

So here I am now awake. Staying up for a little so I don't wake up at 5AM again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment