Thursday, May 13, 2010

Laundry takes so long! - Day 8 - May 13, 2010

Doing laundry in Taiwan takes forever. I seriously mean forever. The washer is about the normal time, but no matter what, the dryer is the longest. I remember last year I had to wait for over an hour and a half for a small load to get done. It's happening again this year!

Except the dryer door is broken. So what do you do when the dryer door won't close to start the machine? Find heavy stuff to make it close. WIN! Well half win really because the door gradually opens and it would stop the dryer from going.

Piggy piggy piggy



I saw the BBQ restaurant yesterday when I had lunch with Theresa and Xiao Wang. The piggy and ducks looked so good! It had to be lunch for today =D

95NT = $3.03


Even comes with all you can drink soup if you dine in!


Exercising in the Park



There are machines at the park that you can exercise with. What you do is sit on there, and push the handle bars. You pretty much lift your weight. It was kind of cool because the seat goes up when you push.



Took some shots of the area behind Shida (NTNU).


I love dinner

I went back to the area behind Shida for dinner. Went to a restaurant that makes dumplings, xiao long bao, noodles, congee, and more. The food there was so good! At least what I ordered was really good!

I forgot to take a picture of the storefront but here is how the inside of the restaurant looks like. I was sitting on the second floor.


I ordered Mung Bean Noodles with Shredded Pork for 60NT = $1.92. It also had onions, vegetables and shredded ginger in it. The broth was simple, not much flavor, still pretty good though.


I'm not much of a fan of a lot of sesame seeds, but the Fried Onion Cake: 20NT = $0.67 was still good. The middle had so much flavor. I like =D


The best for last, Xiao Long Bao! They are steamed dumplings with a flavorful soup inside. This one is made out of pork and it is just amazing. You have to be careful when you pick it up with your chopsticks because you don't want the wrapper to rip. If it does rip, all the yummy soup will come out. It was good like how people said it. I still have to go to Din Tai Fung (Famous for xiao long bao). It's suppose to be the best there. Can't wait to see how much better it's suppose to be because it's already so good!

It's steamed in the container with a cloth underneath so it would be easier to pull off. I failed once because I let the xiao long bao get too cool.


For the rest of the night, I just went around Shida Night Market for a little shopping. Found even more new stores there. Even this frozen yogurt place! It looks really good, haven't tried it yet because I was too stuffed.


I wish I can eat forever and for free too haha.

Last but not least, a picture of the shared living room at the hostel. Cute little painting =)

No comments:

Post a Comment