Monday, May 17, 2010

I get to watch Iron Man 2 - Day 11 - May 16, 2010

Mosquito Bites of the Day: 5
Total: 10

I got eaten alive at night at Shida's Night Market! The mosquitos attacked the back of my knees so fast and quick. I never felt so itchy in my entire life where it stung. Two bites combined into one on my right left. Then I have two separate bites next to each other on my left. Everyone keeps asking me what happened to my legs and I told them, "Wenzi" (which means mosquito) =( Oh I also got one on my toe, not sure when that happened haha. That one wasn't too bad.

But anyways...



Today was the day that I finally get to watch Iron Man 2. I've been waiting for a while for this movie. I loved the first one because of the action and the humor. I thought this one had more of the humor than the action. I still enjoyed it though. Can't wait for the Avengers.



I woke up that morning at 11AM. It was pretty rough since I didn't go to bed until 4AM that morning. I went to Sushi Express for lunch. It was pretty disappointing. They don't have the rolls anymore. They mostly have the sushi where they put a slice of seafood on top of the rice. That's too hard core for me. I probably won't eat there much anymore.

Met up with Mike and Amy to watch Iron Man 2 at Ximen. The thing that I love about theaters in Taipei is your movie ticket usually comes with free popcorn. Unfortunately, we went to an IMAX that didn't give free popcorn =( It's okay, the size of the projector and the theater made up for it. It was a really nice sized theater.

Movie theaters in Taipei also give you assigned seats. We ended up having to sit on the far left. I thought I was going to get a little dizzy because the projector curves but it wasn't bad at all.

Dim Sum Time



I had Dim Sum for dinner! I was really excited for my native food! I went to Brother's Hotel for dim sum (located on the 2-3F in the Plum Blossom Room) because I heard it was good. I only ordered three dishes though. For some reason I wasn't too hungry when I started eating. I forgot to take a picture of the siu mai (steamed dumpling with shrimp meat) because I wanted to gobble it up. They forgot I ordered the siu mai -_- I waited for 13 minutes until I finally got up and asked them for it.



The restaurant had other dishes you can order (pretty pricey though). The dim sum was relatively cheap. Most of the dishes were 80NT=$2.55. If you eat at the restaurant, they charge a 10% tax which was so lame! You don't get charged in Taiwan! They also charge you for the pot of tea =( It was 50NT=$1.60. I should have asked if they charged for tea. I'm too use to other places that usually don't charge.

Deep fried taro with meat.


Lo bak go (Fried radish cake)


Late Night Fooding at Midnight

I get hungry easily >_< Took a stroll to the local convenient stores. Went to two 7-Elevens and Hi-Life to look for snacks and sandwiches.

I brought back Doritos and sandwiches (25NT=$0.80)!


One sandwich had a slice of lunch meat and cheese. The other sandwich had cucumbers and tuna. It's pretty good =) I usually get this sandwich when I'm craving cheese. You can't taste the cheese much but it's better than nothing.

The Doritos were really good! Forgot how much they cost, probably under $1USD. It reminded me of a BBQ flavor... maybe that's what they're suppose to be -shrugs- They're good though =)

No comments:

Post a Comment