Saturday, May 8, 2010

What do I do in Taiwan? Eat & Shop - May 8,2010 - Day 3

Number of Mosquito Bites: 1
Total: 1

Morning

I ended up going to bed around 6AM and woke up at 9:15AM. It wasn't too bad, I was wide awake. Theresa and I started off the day by going to Merty Cafe. Merty Cafe is a bakery and they give you a discount if you have a student ID.

The storefront.


The inside.


What I picked out. It cost 28NT, but with discount, 25NT = $.79. It has some pieces of boiled egg, ham, cheese, and a little ketchup. Pretty good =)


Fail #4

This didn't fail me up of course so I was looking forward to deep fried beans, mushrooms, and chicken. Well turns out the lady we went to doesn't deep fry the food, or at least, we didn't know how to ask for it. She didn't give me chicken either =( But it was pretty good anyway!

40NT = $1.27


Shopping: Part 1
Afterward we headed down to a store that sold school supplies and stationary items. I bought a lot of star paper =D I couldn't resist. Then we went down to Rainbow Plaza/K-Mall to see what it is all about. Here are some random pictures of items I took.

The storefront of office supply store (yellow sign). It has multiple floors.


Huge lollipops


Storefront of Rainbow Plaza and K-Mall. They're connected to each other.


Floor 1: Technology - Basement: Hello Kitty section and other cute stuff!


Random cute stuff




Upcoming Celebrity!

On the way out, there was a huge crowd. It crowd of people in line to get their posters or cds signed by a new debut singer. Not sure what his name is, but if he becomes famous, I can say I saw him in person haha.



Dinner at Sushi Express

Sushi is so good and cheap. Each place cost 30NT = $.95.



Purchase of the Day

Final Fantasy XIII in English for 1550 NT = $49.24! The Chinese version was half the price, too bad I can't understand/read fluently.


Quote of the Day

Talking with my landlord. His English is pretty good lol.

Me: Hey Mic where do you live?
Mic: I live in Taipei.

Haha obviously, it was funny he was so embarrassed afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment