Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fails - Day 32 - June 06, 2010

Fail #18



Today there were many fails. Well the only fails I remembered were two major ones (my memory sucks!) I met an American guy at 7-Eleven. He gave me two of the stickers to get a toy for free if you collect enough haha. But I don't think I'll be able to collect 11 or whatever the amount is (I'm at 4). He gave Theresa and I a flyer of events to go to. One being a vegetarian potluck at Daan Park this day from 2pm-8pm.



We didn't get there until 6pm of course and most of the food was gone. There were still activities going on such as music playing. It was basically a social event with some performances. There was also a comedian thing too. So I just took pictures of random stuff at the park. I really wanted food =( Sad haha.



So let me tell you a little about Daan Park. First of all, it's huge and I mean huge! A lot of people go there to do Tai chi. You can tell from the pictures there's a lot of art structure type of things (I don't know what you call them lol). People hold events there and such. Daan park also has a playground for children and an area for everyone to rollerblade/roller skate.



There is even an area where a path is structured a certain way. But basically it's different shapes of stones and rocks are set. The width between them start width then it gets narrow. You're suppose to walk on top of it barefoot. It's suppose to make you feel really good. I tried it last year, it just hurt me and my feet got dirty since I kept sliding off =( I didn't run into it this year though.



Fail #19



Theresa heard from our friend Dex that there is a night market near Yuchun that sells a lot of cheap stuff. But we couldn't find it haha. We thought it may have been Songde Market (saw it on the MRT map). I think we found that market but it mostly sold vegetables and fruits. My mom would have loved that area.

But luckily, we were close by to Wufenpu =) Decided to revisit there instead.

Fail #20

It's always good to try new food right? Well sometimes no... Theresa and I tried a new food stand for dinner and it wasn't all that great. We should have stuck to the usual food stand we go to because you get so much for just 50NT=$1.56.



The bowl of rice with fatty pork meat wasn't too bad. I mean it tasted okay, just not as good as the other rice bowl we get at Wufenpu. I was really disappointed and was still hungry after haha. But I mean, it was 30NT=$0.94, so I shouldn't have expected much.

These aren't fails!

550NT=$17.21


100NT=$3.13


200NT=$6.26


150NT=$4.69


150NT=$4.69


200NT=$6.26

No comments:

Post a Comment