Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eat Drink Man Woman - Day 45 - June 19, 2010

Mosquito Bites of the Day: 4
Total: 23

The weather is getting hotter and hotter in Taipei. That means fun and shine for those mosquitos. I'm getting eaten alive over here!

Bakery Goods

18NT=$0.56


It's been a while since I had a bakery item. This was part of my lunch =) I had a banana to fill the rest of my tummy up. This is basically a mini hot dog with herbs. I liked it a lot, the hot dog meat could have been better but the rest of it was good =)

Dinner Time



Theresa and I have been eyeing a restaurant at Gongguan Night Market for a while. We would pass by a sign filled with pictures of food at reasonably cheap prices!



Just like a majority of the restaurants here in Taiwan, you can grab a free bowl of soup if you sit in =) I really liked their soup!

90NT=$2.81


I ordered a deep fried pork patty with cheese inside it. It was pretty good! The vegetables were bland though o_O

The Harvard of Taiwan



The Harvard of Taiwan is National Taiwan University (NTU). NTU is located by the Gongguan MRT Station. The campus is located at a great spot because the night market is close by. There are also tons of places to eat that are really good! I did a bit of walking around the campus but couldn't see much. There wasn't a lot of lighting =(



Other shots.


They also have a huge recreational area where you can run on the track, play tennis, basketball, and more.


An artsy thingy or something. I'm not really sure haha... but it involves Time Change!


Random



There are a lot of bus stop signs that are electronic. It tells you many minutes it will take for the next bus to arrive. High techy =)



A gas station in Taipei. There aren't many gas stations in Taipei, at least I haven't seen many. It's kind of weird because there are a lot of motorcycles on the road. You would think the gas stations would be more crowded with them.



A store that sells portraits and painting I guess.

Wisteria Tea House



Have you ever watched the Chinese movie called Eat Drink Man Woman? It's a pretty old movie, it was released in 1994. I remember watching it with my brother and aunt when I was little. I didn't really understand much at that age, I just ended up falling asleep. However, I woke up in the end and understood that last scene haha. I rewatched this movie with Theresa during one of the earlier or middle of our stay in Taiwan.



Anyways, Eat Drink Man Woman took some scenes at Wisteria Tea House. I'm not really sure which one though... It may be inside one of the rooms there or something. I didn't go inside though because I figured you would have to pay to drink in there. I should have done it but it was getting late.

This was posted by Wisteria Tea House.


Oh and here is the movie! Eat Drink Man Woman is a good movie, you should definitely watch it =)


Kitty =)



I spotted a stray kitten! It was so cute! If I lived in Taipei, I would bring the kitty to a vet and keep it =D

No comments:

Post a Comment