Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I love holidays - Day 42 - June 16, 2010

Mosquito Bites of the Day: 2
Total: 19

Freaking mosquito bit me on the hand and pinky!

Dragon Boat Festival

Today is actually a national holiday, the dragon boat festival. A lot of people get off from work, including the place I work in. That means I get to sleep in ^_^ The original plan was actually to wake up and go to the festival or to the zoo. But both of those didn't happen. Ended up snoozing, sleeping in, and waking up at 3:30pm. It's so bad!

Shida Night Market



Instead, I ran five laps on Shida's track. So that could be 1.25 miles. I'm gradually improving =) After that was dinner at the hand shaved noodle shop. On the way there, I took some pictures. The first picture shows the area artists usually come by and perform their music. Last year I saw a girl singing her songs and trying to sell her albums. Today was a man playing his violin. The second picture is just part of Shida Night Market.

Dinner at Hand Carved Noodle Shop



You get this view on the second floor of the restaurant. The second picture shows my one of my favorite restaurants. The yummy chicken restaurant ^_^ You can also see how crowded night markets get. It's a pain to walk through the crowds, especially because people walk soooooo sloooooowwwwwwww. You have to try to weave your way through if you want to go faster.

Let's start with small side dishes.

This is free pickled vegetable you can grab.


Pickled cabbage for 30NT=$0.93


Pickled cucumbers for 30NT=$0.93


Fried rice for 80NT=$2.48. It was good, but it needed more flavor. I mixed the sauce of the stir fried noodles into the fried rice. That made it good =)


A big plate of the stir fried hand shaved noodles is 90NT=$2.79. Theresa dugged in already so I didn't take a picture of the plate. But I ordered this before and it is good!


Each little cake thing is 10NT=$0.31. The first one has pieces of mango around the cake part and the other is strawberry. They both have cream inside. It's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment